Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Another Contact

I received the photos and information below nearly a year ago. I didn't post it until now because I was going to try and research the names the reader provided. I still haven't had the time to do that, but I fully intend to. In the meantime, I figured why hide the information? Perhaps one of you reading this knows this family and can respond. Feel free to comment here or contact me directly...


Hi there,

I saw the St. Vincent memories site. That is pretty cool and interesting. I love that site. I like looking at old pictures and hearing about the stories. I was wondering since you know quite a bit about North Dakota and its history. I was wondering if you know much on families there. I am trying to do genealogy on my dad's side of the family. I keep coming up with road blocks. My dad was raised by his great aunt in Canada and his brothers were put in an orphanage after their mother passed away from childbirth. My grandfather decided not to raise them and probably never know why. My father died a few years ago and i am trying to find info out. He didn't know much information. I have some information. I found out my dad's mother's side were native American Indians. His father's side was french Canadian. My dad's mom side has been published in books by Gail Morin. My grandmother was Marie Blanche Campbell or 'Pearl'. She was born June 16, 1903 in Leroy, North Dakota. Her parents were Charles Campbell (he was born April 19, 1880 in Leroy, North Dakota baptized at St. Joseph - his parents were James Campbell (parents were William Campbell and Eliza Ross) and Isabelle Delorme (daughter of Joseph Delorme and Isabelle Gourneau) and Marie Veronique Ritchot (she was born March 16, 1877 in Leroy North Dakota - her parents were Raphael Ritchot and Isabelle Gladu). My grandmother was married August 25, 1922 in Walhalla North Dakota at St. Boniface Catholic church. She married Charles V. Dumas (born February 28, 1891 in St. Rock, Quebec, Canada - his parents were Charles Dumas and Rosalie Dumas (1st cousins) - I freaked out when I found out....Charles V. Dumas is the son of Joseph Dumas (son of Francois Dumas and Mary Marthe Cartier) and Esther Allaire (daughter of Olivier Allaire and Catherine Leduc). Rosalie Dumas is daughter of Treffle Dumas (same as Joseph's) and Rosalie Bresse (daughter of Charles Bresse and Mary Rocheleau).

My grandparents had several children - all boys - now all deceased. My cousin, me, and my brother are left from my grandparents. My parents had me later in life. My brother is old enough to be my dad. He is almost 20 years older than me. My parents didn't think they could have kids in their late 40's and I come along and surprised them. I was wondering if there are old newspapers articles from Walhalla area on any of these family members I am particularly looking for the Campbell side. The only thing that I do know is that my grandfather told my aunt that he descended from Scottish lines because they had accents. Genealogists that I have contacted can't seem to find out where the family comes from. the other family is documented. I find it strange that the Campbells can't be found. It seems like someone is really not wanting to me to find out and I don't know why. I was hoping maybe that you might know or maybe give a direction where i could look. I appreciate any advice. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day and weekend.

Thank you,
Trisha Dumas

2 comments:

  1. jusjan12:14 AM

    Hi, I have lineal records (Courtesy of Gail Morin) that may be of great help to you. I have been researching Pembina Co. for 17 years. My gg-grandfather was Charles Cavileer of Pembina (First white settler).
    If you could give me info on those your searching, I'd be happy to try to help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jusjan, please contact me privately at my email trishymouse@gmail.com to discuss this more...

    ReplyDelete