Saturday, April 03, 2010

Fur Trade Stories

I discovered a site today that appears to have been around since 2005 but somehow I didn't discover it until recently (shame on me!) It concentrates on the Fur Trade era, which is pretty exciting to come across that history so comprehensively online.For instance, I found several references featuring 'Pembina' in them, including journals and diaries of very specific and personal histories, histories that concerned the individual writing them, but more importantly crossing into the wider history of the area representing many others who went through very similar situations.Such records are rare and as such are precious when I come across them, so I definitely wanted to share with you, whoever you are, my readers...

2 comments:

  1. Hello:

    Given some of the things mentioned in your blog, I wanted to let you know about my upcoming book, FUR, FORTUNE, AND EMPIRE: THE EPIC HISTORY OF THE FUR TRADE IN AMERICA (W. W. Norton, July 2010). A video that gives an overview of the book can be found on YouTube at,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNNoeUf4bA

    You can also find out more about the book at my website: www.ericjaydolin.com.

    Please share the links to my video and website with others who might be interested in the book.

    Thanks for your time.

    Eric Jay Dolin
    www.ericjaydolin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eric. Your upcoming book sounds fascinating! I will definitely be checking it out and am happy to pass on information to my readers about it. I must ask, do you have any part of your book about our region, covering the Hudson Bay Company, Northwest Company, XYZ Company, etc.? I'd love to hear about that in particular...

    ReplyDelete