Tuesday, January 18, 2011

KCND's Past in Photos

More photos from KCND's past have been found...
[Click to enlarge]
I was going through my files of St. Vincent and Pembina photos and documents that are in 'rough draft', i.e., I haven't done additional research and posted them yet. I found the above behind-the-scenes images from KCND's early days in the 1960's.

It's fun to see what it looked like behind-the-scenes at Channel 12 during its hey day.  I get a big kick out of reading the notes with the photographs of how the equipment featured in them are state-of-the-art for that time (as I'm sure they were) - we've come such a long way since then! (I don't recognize any of the staff in these particular photos.  If anyone reading this does, let me know and I'll update this post.)

I am ashamed to have to admit this, but I didn't have any notes attached that provides credit for these images. I am guessing that they may be from a scrapbook either put together by the Pembina Historical Society, or from a private collection (maybe connected to the 1997 Pembina Bicentennial celebration). If anyone out there knows, please contact me.

[I apologize that the images aren't more clear, but they are photocopies of the originals, the best I have...]

No comments:

Post a Comment