Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Anatomy of a Town Tragedy - Revisited


Trivia: Slator served his time in same facility he had worked in

I wrote some time ago about a tragedy that hit not only my hometown, but my family.

I also wrote about how I was contacted by the grandson of the man responsible, and through that contact learned some valuable details behind what happened.

But all this time, I have never seen the man's face...until now.

When I was visiting up home recently, an old friend and classmate of mine gave me copies of several pages of a scrapbook her mother had kept of important memories to her family and her hometown area over a period of many years. Included in that scrapbook were many pages of news-clippings concerning my cousins' and uncle's tragic deaths. It was a tragedy that hit the area hard because so many people were involved between the two parts of it, either directly or indirectly. It was difficult for anyone to grasp losing your entire family within a three month period. A pall hung over the area for quite some time, and even to this day, people are moved by it just hearing about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment