Monday, September 03, 2007

Reader Comments

An Emerson resident emailed me the comments below today; it's always great to hear from my readers, and know that they remember my hometown and the people - and places - that made it what it was...
I enjoyed looking at and reading your articles. I have lived in Emerson all my life and know many of the people and places mentioned. The pictures of Short's Cafe really sent me thinking. I can recall many happy visits to that establishment. I don't know if the building is still standing. A few years ago I did visit the derelict site with the then present owner. We attempted to salvage some material from the building. At that time I was able to take a walk through and was amazed by the size of the place. I had often heard about the "upstairs" and was surprised by the dance hall size. " Ma Short's" was well known and patrons came form far and wide to enjoy the hospitality offered. Maybe there is enough here for a story. I am sure there is...
That got me thinking. I bet there are many folks out there reading this that either were at Short's Cafe in its heyday, or knew people that were. I invite you to contact me through the comments here, or directly through my email (which you can get by clicking on my profile on the right-hand side of this page...) I'd love to hear your memories of that fabled establishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment