Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Little Independent TV Station

A reader contacted me this week about my posts on KCND-TV. I've gotten several responses about those posts; evidently that little independent station touched many people's lives...
Hello, I came across your blog while searching for KCND-TV again. It was me who edited and/or put in some information about the switchover from KCND to CKND, especially regarding the signal going off on Sunday August 31, 1975. I remember the day when the screen went black - I was 14 years old then. I think it may have been me who sent in a KCND logo but Im not sure.

This is probably an unusual request but would you have any North Dakota newspaper articles on computer you would be willing to email me about this. I found some neat articles at the Newspaperarchive website that I was able to download and save. Two, since you might be interested, are in an attachment.
Indeed, I am, and many thanks for sharing with us.

By the way, if anyone reading this knows of any existing video of KCND broadcasts, I'd love to get ahold of some clips!

No comments:

Post a Comment